About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

BACALA

 Here is the Bacala recipe that someone requested from me today .

Bacala can be bought with or without bones ( I PREFER NO BONES )


3 days before you want to cook the Bacala you will need to cut it into big chunks  and SOAK it in a huge container covered in cold water for 3 days ( place in the fridge and change water at least 3 times a day ) 

drain the Bacala well .


THERE are many ways to prepare it , Here are a few of my favorites .


1.  You can just boil it for about 5 minutes( when cooked , Bacala can easily flake with a fork )  , drain it and toss it with  some chopped  garlic, parsley, black pepper and olive oil . 
     ______________________________________________________________

2. Chop an onion and a clove of garlic and fry w/some olive oil , add a few chopped calamate olives , let cook for 1 minute , add a large can of chopped tomato w/puree and black pepper let cook another 5 minutes , add in the Bacala and cook another 10 minutes ( till Bacala flakes easily with a fork ) .  This can be served over a bed of linguine or spaghetti .

     _______________________________________________________________

MY favorite way

3.   Flour the Bacala, shake excess flour and fry on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes (making sure it cooks through )  Once the Bacala is fried ....slice some hot vinegar peppers(or sweet if you don`t like hot) and fry them in the same fry pan (fry for 5 minutes )  when peppers are cooked , add some vinegar juice from jar that peppers came in ( about 1/4 cup ) and add the Bacala back in the fry pan and toss together and serve . 

No comments:

Post a Comment