About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Zepoles/donuts without the hole

Zepoles/donuts without the hole

The cooling of the weather always motivates me into cooking these fried zepoles

(makes about 24 to 30 zepoles )

1- 1 lb container ricotta cheese
1 pkg dry yeast disolved in a cup warm water(can be substituted with 2 tsp baking powder )
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
water (if more is needed to make a nice thick batter consistency )

vegetable oil for deep frying

2 cups confectionery sugar, Place it in a brown paper bag

Mix the first 6 ingredients,
let the mix sit for 30 minutes covered with plastic wrap.
heat oil till hot and start spooning( use a large tablespoon) the zepoles in the hot oil ( cook on medium to high heat )turn them over , cook them until they are a nice golden color .
place them straight into the confectionery sugar and seal bag and shake .. place on a serving platter and serve after 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment