About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

BEEF STEW





 BEEF STEW

4 TBSP oil
2 large chopped onion
1  chopped garlic clove
3 lbs cubed beef
3 stalks sliced celery ( washed with strings removed )
3 Tbsp gravy master
1 - 16 ounce can of pealed tomatoes w/puree
4 cups water
1 lb bag of mixed frozen veggies (corn,carrots,peas,string beans,Lima beans )
4 large pealed potatoes - cut in cubes



2 TBSP flour mixed with 1/4 cup water
salt & pepper to taste

I have been using my pressure cooker but you can use either , the regular method just takes hours to cook .

I start out by adding the oil to my pressure cooker and put in the onion , fry on med high flame till the onions brown and start to stick to the bottom , add the garlic , stir and add in the beef , cook on high till the beef starts to stick to the bottom of pan , keep cooking and stirring . You want it to stick to the bottom real good :) , this may take 30 minutes depending on how  much juice comes out of the beef .  Add in the celery and stir till it starts to get translucent . add in the gravy master and stir ,  add in the can of tomatoes and the water and close the lid  after3 whistles on the pressure cooker( If using regular stove top method bring it to a boil and reduce heat to low and cook for  1 1/2 hours ) cool it and open the lid . Add in the frozen vegetables and the potatoes and close the lid again ( wait for 3 whistles , cool and open lid again .( reg method just simmer for another 30 minutes )  stir in the flour that's mixed with water and simmer for 3 minutes . add the salt & pepper to taste 

This will serve about 8 hungry people

No comments:

Post a Comment