About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Friday, December 4, 2009

HOT DIGGITY CHILI

MY HOT DIGGITY CHILI


STEP 1

1 to 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1Sm onion chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
3 hot green chilies finely chopped
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 chopped carrot
1/2 cup chopped celery
-----------------------------------
STEP 2


1 bag dried kidney beans ( rinsed )

1 lrg can tomato puree plus 2 cans of water (using the tomatoe cans to measure )


seasoning ... 4 heaping TBSP cumin powder
2 TBSP Garam masala
1 TBSP hot chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
-----------------------------------------------
I do this in my pressure cooker ....
brown beef w/ 1 tablespoon corn oil , stirring and mashing the meat once browned add remainder of the ingredients in STEP 1 ..cook for 5 to 10 minutes

add all the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil ... lower to medium heat and place cover when the pot starts to whistle time it for 15 minutes and turn it off but leave it on the burner ....wait for 30 minutes and then open the pot ... check if the seasoning is okay and serve.

Can be served with some rice but I love it just as is .

** if cooking in a regular pot ... you may want to soak your beans over night and simmer the chili for about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment