About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Fried peppers


In my family , we just love the spicy hot peppers with every meal so I fry peppers every few days . You can cook up a big batch because they keep well in the fridge .

I start with either the Italian long hot peppers or the cherry hot peppers ... remove the stems and cut peppers in half , you want the flavor of the garlic and the oil in the pepper .

5 cloves garlic peeled and left whole.

put about 1/8 inch of oil in a heavy skillet on medium high heat , add the garlic and the peppers and fry till brown turn them over and cook on other side  ... Garlic should be cooked at the same time as the peppers ... place in a plate and sprinkle with salt plus when the oil cools a bit , add some of the oil into the peppers , It is great for dipping bread or if you boil some potatoes and serve the peppers and some oil right over the potatoes .


They are great in a sandwich or accompanied with any Italian meal ... Italian bread is a must when serving these peppers ...It help take some of the heat off your burning tongue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment