About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Turkey & stuffing


Turkey and Stuffing


My Turkey this year was the best I have ever cooked .

It was a 22 pounder and this years stuffing , I used ----
1 lb chopped pork meat ( I get it from the butcher )
saute w/a TBSP of oil in a large fry pan.
add the following to the fry pan
1 cup chopped celery
1 large chopped onion
1 chopped carrot
2 cups chopped mushrooms
saute the above with the pork  just till onion gets translucent then add 3 tablespoons butter

add in 1/2 cup chopped  cooked chestnuts 
cool it down and mix
2 apples ...peeled , cored and chopped
refrigerate till ready to stuff the turkey next morning .


In the morning rinse your turkey inside and out , pat dry w/paper towel and rub it with butter sprinkle w/salt & pepper

take out your stuffing from the night before  and add in a box of corn bread stuffing to it , and 1 box of herb stuffing , 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley ( 1 or 2 eggs are optional ) and enough chicken broth (store bought) to moisten the stuffing ... stuff turkey lightly ....if you have to much stuffing bake that separate .

place turkey in  a heated 4 25 oven for 40 minutes , baste the turkey ( cover the turkey w/foil  and lower oven to 325 and bake for an additional 4 hours and 20 minutes ...basting every hour and check turkey 30 minutes before time it should be done so that if the color is not quite as dark as you like , you can remove the foil if needed to get more color in the last 30 minutes.

A thermometer should reach 170 including the stuffing for it to be done properly .

No comments:

Post a Comment