About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chicken Catchiatore (different take )

 Chicken Catchiatore (PHOTO TO FOLLOW)

This is not your typical take on Chicken Catchiatore .
I take left over breaded chicken cutlets ( or make them fresh from my previous blog recipe)


 5 TBSP oil for frying (I use 1/2 olive oil 1/2 corn oil ... If you use all olive oil you will have to cook on low heat ))
1/2 medium onion sliced thin
1 red bell pepper julienned
 6  hot vinegar peppers  chopped w/4 to 6  tablespoons of the vinegar included
1/2 package of sliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves chopped
10 calamate olives pitted and sliced thin
1 lrg can pealed tomatoes  w/puree  (28 ounce ) (blend it in blender for a minute )
20 ounces water
1/2 cup red wine( when choosing a wine to cook with , use what you like to drink and you will never go wrong )
6 to 7 cutlets...Cut them into bite size pieces.

basil,blk pepper & salt to taste


In a large skillet place your oil on med high heat and fry the onion , soon as they start to brown add bell pepper cook 3 minutes and add the vinegar peppers and soon as they start to brown add your mushrooms  cook for 2 minutes add in the garlic to the bottom of pan let it cook a minute and stir well add the olives and tomatoes , cook for a few minutes and add the water , vinegar and red wine , stir well soon as sauce starts to thicken ( about 10 minutes )  add your spices and the cutlets and stir well ... if sauce is to thick add more water--- if sauce is to thin just cook awhile longer .

This is served best over spaghetti .

( will serve about 4 to 6 people)

No comments:

Post a Comment