About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

PUMPKIN SHOESTRINGS

Now that Halloween is over . What to do with all those pumpkins ??

Here is what My Mom did with all her Pumpkins .( keep in mind she is Italian and grew all her vegetables)

Take the pumkins (we grew tons of them ! ) and remove the insides , peeled them and then cut them into long showstrings , We then hung them to dry over plastic hangers in our boiler room . ..then we kept them in our fridge or freezer in zip lock baggies to use all year round and especially on Holidays .

when it comes time to use them ... Take some pumpkin cut them into bite size pieces and soak them in water for about 15 to 30 minutes .drain the water out and fry them like you would fry potatoes only crispier ( med high )...then fry some dry hot peppers with whole garlic cloves and mix the two , add salt to taste and that would be our added vegetable for our Italian Thanksgiving meal .

What do you do with your pumpkins besides making pies ?

No comments:

Post a Comment