About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Artichoke Salad

2 cans artichokes , rinsed and squeezed to remove the excess water.
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 onion sliced in very thin rounds
1 pimento 
4 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice ( fresh is best )
Outer leafs of romaine lettuce washed and dried

salt & pepper to taste

take all the ingredients except for the lettuce and place them all in a large bowl and gently toss  together .

In the serving platter arrange the lettuce leaves on the bottom and around the platter ...( I like putting extra chopped romaine in the bottom of my platter )   place the artichokes over the lettuce and try to arrange some of the onion and pimento so the dish looks appealing to you .  garnish w/more chopped parsley right before serving .

serves 4 to 6 people

No comments:

Post a Comment