About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

FRIED VINEGAR PEPPERS AND POTATOES


This can make a very nice side dish or you can turn it into a meal by adding some fried or roasted chicken , pork or beef .

6 large potatoes - peeled , cut in half and sliced about 1/8th inch thickness

6 vinegar peppers plus 1/4 cup of the vinegar from the peppers( hot , sweet or mixed- I prefer all hot ! )  take stems off the peppers and slice in quarters ( I love my seeds for more flavor ...if you can`t eat the seeds just take them out .) 

oil for frying

salt to taste

In a big fry pan add about 1/2 inch inch of oil and  heat on high and add your potatoes ( do not over crowd the potatoes ..cook them in batches  if needed ) cook them to a nice dark golden color and place on a platter lined w/paper towels  to remove the excess oil and remove paper towel. 

In a small fry pan take 4 tablespoons of the oil you just fried the potatoes in and fry your peppers on medium heat ( careful because the seeds pop out at you ! ) . The vinegar peppers cook pretty fast  so keep a close watch on them ,turn them and add the vinegar and salt , heat to a boil and mix them w/the potatoes. 


serves about 4 people

No comments:

Post a Comment