About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gobi (cauliflower) Manchurian


cauliflower Manchurian is a mix of Indian/Chinese cuisine

  batter.....
1 cup all purpose  flour
3 Tbsp corn flour
2 tsp corn starch
pinch of blk pepper
1/3 cup water ...more or less as needed

mix everything  with a fork ...batter  should be like a pancake mix ...adjust water accordingly 

1 head of cauliflower 9( cut florets into medium size florets)
 oil for frying
_______________
mix cauliflower in the  batter and deep fry  on high till golden crisp ( * save the batter to use
in the sauce in the next step )


Sauce...

3 tbsp oil
1 chili pepper
1/2 chopped onion
3 minced garlic cloves
3Tbsp minced ginger

3 tbsp minced curry leaves 
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
3 Tbsp ketchup
4 Tbsp garlic/pepper sauce

1/4  cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water (stir in  * 3 Tbsp of the leftover batter)

In a skillet add the oil and fry the 1st four ingredients till onions become translucent .. add the next 4 ingredients and cook and stir for 1 minute ... add the soy sauce and water mix and cook another min or so.. till sauce thickens  ..add the cauliflower and coat well .  If sauce gets to dry add a little more water to it.

serve over Basmati rice

serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment