About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Friday, September 11, 2009

southwestern Skiillet meal

3 Tbsp corn oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken(Dark or light meat) , cut into 1-inch pieces
1 head broccoli - cut into small pieces ,
1 red pepper (plus  1 jalapeno if you like it spicy ) ,  cut in thin long strips
1 small onion , sliced in thin long strips 
1 carrot , cut in long thin strips
Salt,pepper to taste, and 1 tsp cumin

1 cup frozen corn
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup of your favorite  Chunky salsa
 
1 pkg 11 1/2 ounces  corn ( or flour )tortilla, cut into  thin strips ( bake in oven ( 350 - 375) for about 10 minutes ... till they get crunchy )

 4 to 6 ounces of shredded Mexican blend cheese  ( Monterrey jack, cheddar,Quesadilla, Asadero, or any other good melting cheese you like )

In a very large non stick skillet add your oil and fry chicken for 3 minutes ( half cooked ) add all the vegetables( except the corn and black beans ) and stir fry till the vegetables are crisp tender ( I like mine very crisp )  add the spices. 

Add in the corn, black beans, and  salsa and mix it all up lower the heat and spread the tortilla strips evenly over the top , add the cheese mix and cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until cheese is all melted .

serve with some guacamole and sour cream

No comments:

Post a Comment