About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Pizza


( this will make 2 pizza`s)
4 cups flour
1 pkg yeast
1 tsp salt

8 fresh tomatoes sliced thin
4 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup oil

Crust

warm water (amount will vary )till you get the right consistancy ( you want it soft enough to work with but not sticky .

I place my flour and 1/8 cup of oil in a large bowl ( big enough for dough to grow double the size.)

in a 4 cup measuring cup add the yeast and salt and add about 2 cups luke warm water ..stir the yeast and salt till it disolves completely ...make a hole in the flour with a wooden spoon and add the water , mix it around and when its to hard to work it with the wooden spoon start working the dough with your hands . kneed dough well and then cover with a couple kitchen towels ...let it rise to double the size .... cut the dough in half and roll it into a ball and start to flatten it into the shape of the pan you will be baking it in ...(oil the pan) cover again with kitchen towels let it rise again for 20 minutes or so.

preheat oven to 400
rub remaining oil over the dough
layer the tomatoes on top and bake for 25 minutes
take pizza out of oven and layer the mozzarella cheese on top then with a brush brush the crust with oil and sprinkle with grates cheese return to oven till mozzarella cheese gets nice and bubbly ( about 10 minutes .)

No comments:

Post a Comment