About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Stuffed hot cherry peppers




These stuffed peppers make my mouth water as I fry them :)

for the filling:

4 cups flavored bread crumb
3/4 cup of grated Parmesan and Romano cheese
3 to 4 finely minced garlic cloves
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp oregano
few leaves of fresh chopped Basil or 1/2 tsp dry flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 eggs
3/4 cup water ( more or less as needed

Mix everything in a large bowl , hands work best ... the mix should just hold together ... if to dry add a little more water if its to soft add more bread crumbs 


2 dozen hot cherry peppers- remove the stems , cut in half and scoop out seeds 

Stuff the filling in the peppers and press filling down and smooth the top 

In a heavy metal fry pan add 1/4  inch  vegetable oil and heat on medium high heat, place the peppers when the oil is heated with the filled side down ( you should hear the frying as you place pepper in the hot oil if not wait till oil is hot enough ) ...LOWER heat to just medium and cook about 5 minutes shake the pan gently and the peppers should be moving freely without sticking  ... turn pepper( should be a nice dark golden color ) and continue  frying till pepper cooked on other side (about 5 minutes )

place them on a serving platter and sprinkle w/grated cheese and parsley

2 comments:

  1. im gone try tho...damn they look good...ur not too far, can't u just drop some off!..Tony LAF
    devilsdentattoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how they turn out for you :)
    Guess I will have to make some myself today ! I can never get enough of these.

    ReplyDelete