About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Monday, August 10, 2009

canolie filled cake w/ coffee cream icing


This recipe is for Christina :)


I take short cuts so I use store bought cake mixes to save time in the kitchen .


to make a 9 inch round cake
 
1 cake mix... I try to use one with a pudding in the mix or extra moist but any one will work great. ... follow the box for directions ... you can bake your cake days in advance and wrap it in plastic and keep in the fridge . depending on how many layers you want ... you can divide the batter and  bake them in separate pans so you don`t have to try to slice an even layer .


For the filling... ( enough to make 2 layers )

2 lbs riccotta cheese
1 cup confectionary sugar ( I don`t like mine to sweet ... add another 1/4 cup sugar if you like it sweet)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

.... in your mixer add riccotta cheese , sugar, vanilla ...mix well  turn off the mixer and add the chocolate chips and stir in with a rubber  spatula .  ... spread onto your layers of cake . 


for the topping....

1 sm container heavy whipping cream 
an equal amount of milk
4 tsp instant pudding mix(chocolate)
3 tsp of instant expresso coffee

whip everything together till you can stand a spoon upright without it tipping over ... don`t over whip or you will have butter .

spread over the top and sides of cake and decorate any way you like

No comments:

Post a Comment