About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

quick sauce = quick meal ! :)

There is nothing better than when your garden starts to produce vegetables ... I love the taste of a fresh tomatoe & the smell of freshly picked basile....

Today I picked a handful of fresh basile from my garden , 2 tomatoes , 1 scallion , 1 fresh garlic  and 2 peppers and made a quick sauce.... chop everything and start with a good extra virgin olive oil to coat the bottom of a heavy fry pan add in the scallion till it starts to brown then add the pepper , and the rest of ingredients except for the tomatoes . cook & stir over medium heat a few minutes and add in the tomatoes when the liquid is evaporated add in 1/4 of a boulion and let it stick to the pan but not burnt ... add in 1/4 cup water and cook a few minutes longer .... mix your favorite pasta and toss till well coated and serve with your favorited grated cheese ... My favorite is reggiano, parmigiano.

No comments:

Post a Comment