About Me

My photo
I am a Jill of all trades , SAHM and lover of all crafts. I think my middle name is Creating :) Each day I try to invision some new detail or put together some stiches I have never done before for a new look. I can`t wait to see what tomorrow will bring . Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how I am doing.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cooking With Cheese 101

Tips for Cooking with cheese

Before cooking with cheese, it's helpful to know which cheeses are best suited to high and low temperatures as well as mechanical manipulation, such as shredding and grating. Following these guidelines will help you cook old recipe favorites as well as concoct new creations using Cheese.


High heat is the enemy of cheese. Hard cheeses tolerate high temperatures better than the  soft cheeses. However, exposing any cheese to high heat for too long can cause it to curdle toughen and separate. Keep cheese warm over low or indirect heat.


When cubing, shredding or grating, remember cheese is best handled cold (Place in the freezer for 30 minutes before cutting /shreading ). Semi-soft and hard cheeses are best for these methods, while soft cheeses should be used for spooning or spreading.


When broiling foods with cheese toppings, place the pan so the food is about 4 to 6 inches from the heat and broil until the cheese is just melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment